Okay, so you want to optimize your storage business’ online presence, but what determines the success of that venture?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is crucial to succeeding in the self storage industry. It helps self storage websites appear at the top of search results, increasing visibility and driving more web traffic to your business. But what are the ranking factors for self storage SEO?
In this article, Storagely will cover the top 5 essential Google ranking factors to consider when creating the best self storage website and online presence possible.
Let’s begin, shall we?
What Are Google Ranking Factors for Self Storage SEO?
Google applies specific criteria to determine the ranking of pages on search engines. These criteria are known as “ranking factors” and can make or break your self storage website’s success. Understanding these factors can improve not only your SEO, but it can also improve user experience.
What does user experience have to do with it? Everything. User experience is critical to self storage SEO success. If customers aren’t given a convenient, streamlined experience when searching for a service, they likely won’t rent self storage units let alone become loyal customers.
It’s estimated that Google has over 200 known ranking factors, and they keep changing. But don’t let that discourage you. We’ll break down the most prevalent ranking factors to get you started.
1. Quality Content
Content is king. There’s no way around it. Search engines track and analyze your self storage website’s content to understand the context of your business and its offerings. Fresh, informative content should be created regularly if you want to rank higher on search engine results.
Include relevant keywords, and update your website with consistent new content. Blogs, eBooks, fact sheets, etc., should be factual, accurate, and offer in-depth research to provide the greatest value. This will help keep your business at the top of search results when potential customers are looking for self storage solutions. If your customers have an inquiry, you should be the one to answer their questions.
Content offers the following benefits:
- An array of content builds trust and authority on a subject.
- It helps potential renters learn more about self storage and your services.
- Content creation increases your visibility on search engine results.
- It provides an opportunity to engage with leads.
Helpful content has become essential for self storage SEO, so be sure to invest in content creation if you want your business to rank higher on search engine results.
Tips for Creating Relevant Content:
- Make sure the content is well-researched and accurate.
- Fill in any gaps that a competitor may be missing.
- Keep it fresh and up-to-date.
- Focus on self storage topics relevant to your business and use keywords to improve visibility.
- Target long-tail keywords that are specific to self storage SEO.
- Remember, visuals, high-quality images, and videos help engage with leads.
- Make use of internal and external links to boost SEO for self storage.
- Your content should be a similar length to similar ranking competitor pieces. However, long-form content is generally considered best practice.
By understanding these ranking factors and applying them to your self storage website, you can ensure your facility shows up at the top of search engine results and remain competitive in today’s online market. Implementing content marketing strategies will give you the edge to drive more web traffic and increase leads.
2. Page Loading Speed
Google also takes page speed into account when determining rankings. A slow-loading web page can hurt your self storage SEO significantly.
Page loading speed is a factor that you need to watch closely. Understanding how users interact with your self storage website is vital for optimizing page loading time and improving the user experience.
Tips for Improving Page Loading Speed:
- Optimize images using image compression software.
- Remove any unnecessary plugins or scripts that can slow down loading speeds.
- Reduce redirects and increase the number of cached files.
- Minimize code bloat to reduce page size and improve speed.
- Install a content delivery network (CDN) to help speed up load times for users located in different regions.
- Ensure server response times are as low as possible.
- Enable browser caching to store frequently accessed files.
Again, the loading speed goes back to the user experience. If your self storage website takes too long to load, visitors will likely click off and move on to another site. That’s why it’s essential to ensure your website is optimized for speed and SEO.
3. Mobile-Friendly Self Storage Websites
Mobile-friendliness is another factor that plays a role in self storage SEO. If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, it could negatively impact your ranking. In this age, who isn’t using their cell phone to assess storage companies?
Google’s mobile-first indexing policy ensures that self storage websites optimized for mobile devices are given preferential treatment in search engine rankings. This means it’s important to ensure your self storage website is optimized for all devices—desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Tips for Optimizing Mobile Site Performance:
- Make sure your design is responsive.
- Test the website performance on various devices.
- Ensure content is easy to read on small screens.
- Increase the font size.
- Reduce image file sizes to improve loading speed.
- Avoid popups that can be difficult to navigate.
The best self storage websites must be optimized for desktop and mobile users to rank higher on search engine results pages. Does your website need a makeover? It may be time to consider a redesign if your platform isn’t accessible across all devices.
Are you looking for a simple web design that is aesthetically pleasing, mobile-friendly, and optimized? At Storagely, we offer website templates that are guaranteed to boost self storage SEO, along with online rental software that helps generate more rentals. You can trust our self storage SEO services to create a seamless mobile-first design to streamline the user experience.
4. Backlinks from Credible Sources
Backlinks are paramount for self storage SEO because they help search engines understand which websites are trustworthy and relevant.
Google’s algorithm looks at the quality and quantity of backlinks from other self storage websites, as well as the content of those sites when determining rankings. This means it is important to get backlinks from credible sources in order to boost SEO.
Tips for Building High-Quality Backlinks:
- Research potential self storage websites to link.
- Reach out and build relationships with other platforms.
- Create shareable content that other websites may be interested in linking.
- Utilize self storage SEO services that specialize in link building. This may include platforms like SE Ranking, Sitechecker, etc.
Backlinks are essential to self storage SEO, so make sure you build high-quality backlinks from trustworthy sources. Acquiring backlinks will strengthen your website’s domain authority and boost Google search rankings—bringing your company that much closer to its fullest potential.
5. Keywords and Self Storage SEO Implementation
If you’re serious about self storage SEO, keywords must be part of your strategy. Keywords are the words and phrases people enter into search engines when looking for self storage services.
It’s crucial to use keywords in content and titles so that search engine crawlers can better understand what the website is about. Additionally, it’s suggested to include keywords in page URLs, image alt text, meta descriptions, and headings to optimize SEO for self storage.
Tips for Implementing Keywords:
- Perform research to find relevant keywords for your website.
- Include keywords in H1s, titles, content, meta descriptions, etc.
- Use self storage SEO tools such as Google Keyword Planner, SEMRush, SE Ranking, etc.
- Optimize both long-tail and short-tail keywords.
- Avoid keyword stuffing; make sure your content still reads naturally.
- Utilize local keywords that target your location.
Adhering to the tips mentioned above can optimize your website with pertinent keywords and phrases, leading to a higher ranking on search engine result pages. Organically ranking on Google is often considered the pinnacle of digital inbound marketing. Effective keyword usage and local SEO are the first steps toward attaining the coveted front page on search engine results pages.
Let Storagely Improve Your Self Storage SEO
Self storage SEO is a key factor in helping self storage facilities stand out online and drive more customers to their websites. By understanding Google ranking factors, self storage owners can better optimize their websites for search engine rankings and increase visibility on SERPs.
With some strategic planning, businesses can create best-in-class self storage websites that attract new leads and help them build an effective digital marketing strategy. Taking advantage of known ranking factors will ensure your self storage facility has all it needs to reach its target audience and convert visitors into paying customers.
At Storagely, we specialize in self storage SEO services spanning design and content development. Our marketing experts are here to help develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for success. We also offer self storage website design services ranging from website optimization to mobile-first designs that will streamline the user experience.
If you’re looking for an innovative storage rental software and marketing team that can transform your business, Storagely is the answer.
Don’t have time to deal with the intricacies of Google ranking factors? No worries! The SEO experts at Storagely have your back. With our services, you don’t have to sweat the small stuff. Let us worry about marketing so you can focus on what matters: running your storage facility. Schedule a demo today!